The facility manager will play a significant role in managing the NMR research facility.
The manager's duties include operating and maintaining the Bruker 600MHz and 800MHz FT-NMR spectrometers, NMR hardware and software troubleshooting, periodic liquid nitrogen/helium refill of the magnets.
The manager will participate in the tendering process of equipment/consumables and manage the facility's financial documentation.
The position involves active technical and scientific engagement with internal/external users, daily interaction with undergraduate/graduate/postdoctoral students in teaching and training capacities.
General Information :
1. Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., Preliminary Interview and Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
5. If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2022 for the above posts.
7. The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Since this position is Unreserved [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved post will not be eligible for age relaxation]
9. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
10. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
11. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
12. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 15th April 2022. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
13. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
Prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Head Administration & Finance
Note: Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting the online applications.
For more information please visit Advertisement here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/node/56019
Source NCBS-TIFR Website: https://www.ncbs.res.in/careers